Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Staycation....

When planning our 8-year wedding anniversary, we knew a "staycation" was in the works. Ella has never slept the night away from us - planned away - so we were looking forward to seeing how she did. We packed up her suitcase for the night with MiMi and Pop-Pop. She was so excited to roll it around the house and load it into the car; kid is going to love to travel!
I surprised Devon by booking a room at the NYLO hotel in Plano. I was very nice and completely modern.... exact opposite of our typical style. I also made reservations at the Zea Woodfire Grill. I would totally recommend the prime rib or the flat-iron steak. All in all, we had a great staycation... although one day is definitely too short. Hopefully, we'll be planning a long trip next time. Sea World, maybe?
As for Ella... She did fantastic, of course. We wouldn't expect any different. :)
Heading to the Grandparents...
Super comfy bed...
I almost stole the shower head, I liked it so much...
Totally modern...

2 comments:

Donnell Days said...

How fun! Glad you all had a great anniversary...CONGRATS on 8 years! :)

PDS said...

Ella's suitcase is bigger than she is! :`). glad you had fun in my stompin' grounds.