Well, we've begun the process every parent is excited about and completely dreading at the same time. We were delayed a week from going out of town recently and quite frankly, we were stalling some. Ella seemed like she was more than ready to make the big move to her own room. (Probably anxious to get rid of her Dad's snoring... so I've been told!) I was working a late shift last week, so it seemed like a good time to make the transition, since I'd have the opportunity to sleep in some if Ella decided she wasn't going to cooperate. We wanted to take about 3 nights in our room without being swaddled before making the move. Honestly, she had a more difficult time getting used to that then sleeping alone. After she had "mastered" that part of her new sleep routine, Devon and I decided that 9pm sounded like a good bed time. Devon takes Ella into her room, reads her a couple of books, and then lets her suck on her favorite pacifier for a few minutes. After that, she'll put her down and play her favorite bedtime music on her CD player. Ella did such a wonderful job! We were way more nervous that she was! We were the ones getting up every 90-minutes to check and make sure she was okay. I wanted to wait a few days to write this blog before I bragged on her, in case it was a fluke! But, even tonight, she was fussy until Devon put her down to sleep. She was tried of being messed with and ready for bed, I guess. Best thing is, she's normally asleep by 9:30pm or so and doesn't get up until nearly 7am! Can you believe that? Absolutely amazing how well she's done. We're SO proud of our little/big girl! More stories to come, but we just had to share. :)
Showing off the favorite PJ's...
2 comments:
WOW Ella...I am so impressed!! Not only about being in your room, but sleeping 9:30 - 7:00 is GREAT!!! That is very sweet of you to give Mommy and Daddy a break too! :)
Congrats to all! It's nice when you can send the little one to the "East Wing". So . . . no comment for Little Mr. Clean from the Original Mr. Clean?
Post a Comment